Your Rowan County Public Library offers a range of technology classes that cater to your skill level and learning goals.
Classes are free and open to the public. Laptops are provided; however, students are encouraged to bring their own laptops or devices with them to class in order to address any questions that they may have regarding those devices.
Mondays and Thursdays are an open forum where the RCPL Technology Staff field questions regarding personal computers or devices, using individual requests or inquiries as group learning opportunities. Both Apple and Android products are welcome!
Various lessons and instructional power points can be found on the Class Resources Page.
RCPL Open Technology Forums
Mondays @ 12 pm
Thursdays @ 4:30 pm
In addition to open discussions and device repair, your RCPL also offers educational courses that are open to the public, with topics appropriate for all age groups. Come in Saturday mornings to learn about:
- resume writing (available every month!)
- digital and online research (available every month!)
- Kentucky Virtual Library services like EBSCO, NoveList, and other databases (available every month!)
- online shopping
- library apps and programs like Libby, Hoopla, Freegal, and more
- applications for schoolteachers, like Scholastic Book Fairs
- kids’ apps, including learning games and other educational programs parents and children will love!
RCPL Directed Topic Technology Classes
Saturdays @ 11 am
Need more tech help? Technology staff are scheduled to help you during the following hours:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 11 am – 3 pm
Thursday & Friday 11 am – 1 pm
Saturday & Sunday 1 – 3 pm
Please ask at the Front Desk for tech assistance.