Your Rowan County Public Library offers a range of technology classes that cater to your skill level and learning goals.
Classes are free and open to the public. Laptops are provided; however, students are encouraged to bring their own laptops or devices with them to class in order to address any questions that they may have regarding those devices.
Wednesdays are an open forum where the RCPL Technology Staff field questions regarding personal computers or devices, using individual requests or inquiries as group learning opportunities. Both Apple and Android products are welcome!
Various lessons and instructional power points can be found on the Class Resources Page. You can also use the Kentucky Virtual Library to access the Learning Express Computer Skills Center, even at home! If you don’t have the current login and password for KYVL, ask at the front circulation desk or call during our operating hours to request them.
RCPL Open Technology Forums
Wednesdays @ 4:30 pm
In addition to open discussions and device repair, your RCPL also offers educational courses that are open to the public, with topics appropriate for all age groups. Come in Saturday mornings to learn about:
- résumé writing (available every month!)
- digital and online research (available every month!)
- basic computer use skills
- Kentucky Virtual Library services like EBSCO, NoveList, and other databases
- online shopping
- social media
- library apps and programs like Libby, Hoopla, Freegal, and more
- applications for schoolteachers, like Scholastic Book Fairs
- kids’ apps, including learning games and other educational programs parents and children will love!
RCPL Directed Topic Technology Classes
Saturdays @ 11 am (1pm beginning July 7th, 2018)
Need more tech help? Technology staff are scheduled to help you during the following hours:
Monday through Saturday 11 am – 3 pm
Please ask at the Front Desk for tech assistance.